Wednesday, July 5, 2017
THAI SALAD WITH PEANUT DRESSING ENJOY DAN:
THAI SALAD WITH PEANUT DRESSING by CHEF DAN:
1/4-cup creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons EACH rice vinegar, honey, and fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon EACH soy sauce and fish sauce
3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
Garnish with 1/2-cup roasted cashews
4 cups Napa cabbage
2 carrots, shredded
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced into bit-size pieces
1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced
1 cup cooked and shelled edamame
1 bunch scallions, chopped
1/2-cup EACH fresh snipped chives and fresh basil
1. Combine all the ingredients except cilantro leaves.
2. In a blender process until completely smooth.
3. Add cilantro and blend for few pulses.
1. Combine all ingredients in salad bowl.
2. Serve dressing on the side so the salad doesn’t get soggy.
3. Top with roasted cashews.
ENJOY DAN: EAT LIVE SLOW THE FORK DOWN!!