Wednesday, July 19, 2017
MELON AND CRISPY PROSCIUTTO SALAD ENJOY DAN:
MELON AND CRISPY PROSCIUTTO SALAD by CHEF DAN:
2 cups sliced watermelon
2 cups sliced cantaloupe
2 cups honeydew melon, sliced
1/2-Wall-Walla sweet onion, very thinly vertically sliced
1 Poblano pepper, very thinly sliced
1/4-teaspoon kosher salt
1/2-teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon fig balsamic vinegar
4 cups arugula
1/4-cup mint leaves, torn
3 ounces prosciutto, very thinly sliced
1/3-cup crumbles feta cheese
1/2-cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
1. Arrange half of prosciutto on paper towel-lined microwave safe plate.
2. Cover with a paper towel.
3. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes or until crisp.
4. Repeat with remaining prosciutto.
5. Break into large pieces
6. Combine first 5 ingredients, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Combine juice, oil, honey, and fig balsamic vinegar; stirring well.
8. Drizzle dressing mixture over fruit mixture; toss gently.
9. Arrange 1 cup arugula and 1 tablespoon mint on each of 4 plates.
10. Top each plate with about 1-3/4-cups fruit mixture.
11. Divide prosciutto evenly among plates.
12. Top with feta cheese and pistachios.
ENJOY DAN: LIVE LOVE AND LAUGH!!