Sunday, July 23, 2017
ASIAN ASPARAGUS OR GREEN BEANS ENJOY DAN:
ASIAN ASPARAGUS OR GREEN BEANS by CHEF DAN:
1-pound asparagus or green beans, trimmed
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/3-cup hoisin sauce
4 tablespoons soy sauce
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, grated
3 tablespoon honey
1-1/2-tablespoon dry sherry
1-2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1. Steam asparagus or green beans until crisp tender; set aside.
2. In a bowl whisk together cornstarch, 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, and 1 tablespoon sauce.
3. Set aside.
4. In a skillet add oil over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
5. Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute.
6. Add remaining hoisin, soy sauce, honey, sherry, garlic chili sauce and sesame oil.
7. Simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Whisk in cornstarch, and hoisin mixture; stir and heat until thickened.
9. Add asparagus/green beans to the skillet and toss until evenly coated with sauce.
10. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
11. Transfer to a platter and drizzle with any remaining sauce in the skillet.
12. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
ENJOY DAN: SINGSONGS AND PLANT SEEDS!!