Friday, July 21, 2017
BURGERS WITH BRITT'S BLACK MARKET KIMCHI ENJOY DAN:
BURGERS WITH BRITT’S BLACK-MARKET KIMCHI by CHEF DAN:
1-pound lean ground beef
1 cup Britt’s Black-Market Kimchi (from Whidbey Island)
3 scallions, bias sliced into 1/2-inch lengths
1 tablespoon Korean Gochu Jang chili paste
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon EACH toasted sesame seeds and chai seeds
2 tablespoon mayonnaises
4 whole-wheat buns, toasted
1/2-English cucumber, sliced
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. Combine ground beef, scallions, 2 teaspoons Gochu Janng chili paste, seeds and sesame oil in a bowl.
3. Gently knead together, do not overmix.
4. Form into 4 patties, about 4-inches wide.
5. Grill burgers about 4 minutes per side.
6. Let rest 5 minutes.
7. Combine mayonnaise, and reamaning chili paste in a bowl.
8. Arrange the burgers on toasted buns with 2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture, 3 slices of cucumber and 1/4-cup Britt’s kimchi.
ENJOY DAN: HEART AND SOUL IN THE KITCHEN!!