Saturday, April 1, 2017
LASAGNA WITH SAUSAGE AND THREE CHEESES FOR GRAND BOYZ:
LASAGNA WITH SAUSAGE SPINACH AND THREE CHEESE FOR GRAND BOYZ
By CHEF DAN:
1 tablespoon olive oil;
1 pound Italian sausage casing removed
1 onion, chopped
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 garlic cloves, smashed
1/2-teaspoon EACH red pepper flakes, smoked paprika, and garam masala
2 (26 Oz) box Pomi chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoon tomato paste
2 teaspoons EACH dried oregano, dried rosemary powder, and dried basil
2 (15 Oz) containers part-skim ricotta cheese
1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
1/2-cup Parmesan cheese
2 egg yolks
Salt and pepper to taste
2 (10-Oz) packages frozen spinach
9 no-boil lasagna noodles
1 pound fresh Mozzarella
SAUCE: (preheat oven to 375 f)
1. In a skillet add oil over medium-heat and when sizzling.
2. Add sausage, onion, and sauté for 6-8 minutes.
3. Add garlic, and next 3 ingredients sauté for about 2 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes, and their juices, and next 4 ingredients.
5. reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
1. In a blender combine all filling ingredients and pulse until mostly smooth.
ASSEMBLE THE LASAGNA:
1. Coat baking dish with Pam: then spread 2 cups sauce on the bottom.
2. Then 1/3-of the ricotta mixture, and 1/3-of the spinach, sprinkle with grated mozzarella cheese.
3. Place dish on a rimmed baking sheet: cover with foil and bake 45 minutes, remove foil, and bake 20 minutes longer.
4. Let cool for 10 minutes.
ENJOY DAN: SHARING LIFE LOVE AND FOOD!!