Thursday, March 30, 2017
BEEF VEGETABLE SOUP FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN by CHEF DAN:
BEEF VEGETABLES SOUP FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN by CHEF DAN:
5 pounds’ beef stew meat, cut into bit-size pieces
3 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cups red wine
22 cups vegetables broth
2 (48 Oz) can V/8 juice
3 heads cabbage, sliced
5 onions, chopped
6 stalks celery, chopped
8 carrots, peeled and sliced
8 potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
1 (28 Oz) gab frozen vegetables
1 (5 pound) tin green beans, drained
1 (5 pound) tin diced tomatoes
3 tablespoon EACH dried basil, oregano, parsley, and tarragon
Seas salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 bay leaves.
1. Heat vegetable soil in stock pot over medium-high heat when sizzling.
2. Add meat and thoroughly brown an all sides.
3. Add red wine and deglaze the pot, stirring until all the brown bits on the bottom, stir until wine is reduced by half.
4. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
5. Dump in all other ingredients and stir well.
6. Bring to a boil, then cover, and reduce heat to a simmer.
7. Let simmer for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Remove bay leaves and serve.
ENJOY DAN: BE STRONG AND KEEP FAITH!!