Tuesday, April 25, 2017
SLOW COOKED BEEF SHORT RIBS WITH VEGGIES ENJOY DAN:
SLOW COOKED BEEF SHORT RIBS WITH VEGGIES by CHEF DAN:
5 pound English short ribs
6 red potatoes.
6 multi colored carrots, whole and peeled
4 garlic cloves, whole and peeled
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoon EACH smoked paprika, curry powder, and chili powder
4 fresh bay leaves
5 fresh marjoram leaves
4 fresh oregano leaves
4 fresh rosemary springs
1/4--cup beef broth
2 beef bouillon cubes
1/2-cup red wine
2 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons cold water
Garnish with fresh parsley
1. Place the potatoes, carrots, and garlic in the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Rub the herbs and seasoning and place the beef on top of the vegetables.
3. Add the broth bouillon cubs and wine.
4. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
WHEN IT’S TIME TO SERVE:
1. Remove the ribs, vegetables and transfer them to a serving platter.
2. Cover to keep them warm.
3. Strain the cooking liquid and skim off the fat.
4. Combine 2 cups of the cooking liquid and cornstarch mixture in a saucepan; stir until blended.
5. Cook over medium-heat for 1 minute or until thickened, stirring constantly.
6. Garnish with fresh parsley
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS AND EAT BEEF!!