Thursday, April 20, 2017
SHRIMP STUFFED BELL PEPPERS ENJOY DAN:
SHRIMP STUFFED BELL PEPPERS by CHEF DAN:
4 bell peppers1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon butter
2 garlic cloves
4 scallions, bias-sliced into 1/2-inch lengths
1-1/4-cup water with 1 teaspoon butter,1/4-teaspoon salt and 1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1-(8 Oz) can tomato sauce
1/2-teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoon butter, melted
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 F)
1. Cut tops from bell pepper, remove and discard seeds and membrane.
2. Parboil peppers for about 5-8 minutes.
3. Turn upside down to drain.
4. Melt butter, in a skillet over medium-heat when sizzling.
5. Add garlic, onions, and scallions; sauté for 3 minutes.
6. Add water, butter, salt, bay leaf: bring to a boil.
7. Stir in couscous and take off heat.
8. Cover and allow to sit 5 minutes; fluff with a fork.
9. Mix in Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, red pepper flakes, shrimp and season with salt and pepper.
10. Place peppers in a prepared baking dish and fill with shrimp mixture.
11. Toss the Panko in the melted butter and put on top of the peppers.
12. Put some water in the bottom of the baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes covered with foil.
13. Remove foil and continue to bake for additional15-20 minutes.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS AND PLANT SEEDS!!