Sunday, April 2, 2017
CURRY CHICKEN WITH NOODLE SALAD BOWL ENJOY DAN:
CURRY CHICKEN WITH NOODLE SALAD BOWL by CHEF DAN:
4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-chunks
1-1/2-tablespoons EACH garam masala, and Tandoori masala
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves
1 onion, peeled and cut into rings
1 (19 Oz) can Mae Ploy coconut milk
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 (8 Oz) package rice noodles
1 cucumber, peeled and spiralized
1 carrot, peeled, spiralized
1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
2 scallions, bias cut into 1/2-inch lengths
1/4-cup dry roasted peanuts
FOR THE NUAC CHAM DIPPING SAUCE:
1/4-cup rice wine vinegar
3- tablespoons EACH fish sauce, and lime juice
2 garlic cloves, smashed
2 tablespoon grated carrots
2 tablespoons sugar
1 pinch red pepper flakes
Mix all ingredients in a bowl until sugar has dissolved.
1. Dust the chicken pieces with 1 tablespoon garam masala and Tandoori masala, toss to coat and set aside.
2. In a wok add 1 tablespoon oil over high-heat when sizzling.
3. Add garlic and stir-fry 30 seconds, add onion and stir-fry 4 minutes.
4. Remove from wok, and add remining oil; add chicken pieces and stir fry for 5-7 minutes or until cooked on all sides.
5. Mix coconut milk remaining garam masala and Tandoori masala.
6. Add sugar, once dissolved, add to the wok the chicken and onion, and stir to coat.
7. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
8. While chicken is cooking, place the rice noodles in boiling water and let sit for 20 minutes, drain, and set aside.
TO ASSEMBLE THE SALAD BOWL:
1. Add a handful of noodles to the bowl and top a scoop of curry chicken and onions.
2. Dress with vegetables, scallions, and peanuts.
3. Drizzle with Nuac Cham dipping sauce and serveENJOY DAN: EAT LIVE SLOW THE FORK DOWN