Friday, April 28, 2017
SKILLET SHRIMP AND STONE GROUND GRITS ENJOY DAN:
SKILLET SHRIMP AND STONE GROUND GRITS by CHEF DAN:
1 tablespoon olive oil
I onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 (10.5 Oz) can ROTE diced tomatoes with green chilies
2 cup Palmetto Farms Stone Ground Yellow Grits
3 cup chicken broth
1-1/2-teaspoons Old Bay
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 375 F)
1. In an oven proof skillet add oil over medium-high heat when sizzling.
2. Add onions, bell pepper and garlic and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
3. Add grits and cook, stirring 1 minutes.
4. Stir in tomatoes, broth, Old Bay and lemon pepper, season with salt.
5. Bring mixture to a boil.
6. Cover and transfer ovenproof skillet to the oven.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes.
8. Uncover lay shrimp on the grits, recover, continue to bake until shrimp are opaque, about 6-8 minutes.
ENJOY DAN: COOK WITH SOUL AND EAT WITH PLEASURE!!