Wednesday, April 12, 2017
ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH SHRIMP AND AVOCADO ENJOY DAN:
ASPARAGUS SALAD WITH SHRIMP AND AVOCADO by CHEF DAN:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound shrimp, cooked and shelled
1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
1 avocado, sliced
1 bunch asparagus, washed, and trimmed
1 (12 Oz) bag frozen peas, thawed
6 cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3-cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 large head romaine lettuce
1/4-cup olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/2-teaspoon EACH dried, oregano, basil, and tarragon
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Place a steaming basket in a pot with a few inches of water.
2. Bring to a boil then add asparagus.
3. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes.
4. Remove and place in ice water.
5. Whisk together olive oil and next 6 ingredients.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Season shrimp with Old Bay, salt, and pepper.
8. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat when sizzling.
9. Add shrimp and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until opaque.
10. Remove from heat.
11. To assemble salad, place the asparagus, shrimp, avocado, tomatoes, in a bowl.
12. Pour the vinaigrette over it and lightly toss to combine and coat.
13. Top with mozzarella cheese.
ENJOY DAN: FOR THE LOVE OF FOOD!!