Tuesday, April 18, 2017
ROASTED BEET TZATZIKI SALAD ENJOY DAN:
ROASTED BEET TZATZIKI SALAD by CHEF DAN
1 cup beet tzatziki, recipe to follow
2 hardboiled eggs, peeled and quartered
1 tomato, finely diced
1 English cucumber, finely diced
1 garlic clove, smashed
1/2-teaspoon red chili flakes
2 radishes, sliced into very thin rounds
2- beets, sliced
1 teaspoon EACH poppy seeds and sesame seeds
1 cup equal parts fresh torn basil, chives, and mint
2 tablespoons almond milk
Pinch EACH sumac, and turmeric for garnish
2 tablespoons almonds, chopped
Sunflower oil for garnish
1 cup Mexican yogurt, strained
1 cup grated beets
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 garlic clove, finely grated
1/4-cup fresh basil
4 fresh mint leaves, chopped
2 tablespoon lemon juice
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. For the tzatziki; combine all ingredients in bowl and season to taste.
2. Spread the tzatziki on 2 serving plates and topped with eggs.
3. In a bowl combine tomato and next 9 ingredients.
4. Add olive oil in a skillet over medium-heat when sizzling.
5. Add sliced beets and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
6. Top the eggs with tomato mixture and hot sliced beets.
7. Garnish with sumac and the next 3 ingredients:
ENJOY DAN: LIVE LOVE AND LAUGH!!