Sunday, April 23, 2017
SPRING GREEN RISOTTO ENJOY DAN:
SPRING GREEN RISOTTO by CHEF DAN:
3 tablespoons olive oil divided
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, smashed
5 cups vegetable stock
1-1/2-cups Royal Italian Superfine Arborio
1 big bunch fresh asparagus spears (about 1 pound)
8 ounces fresh English peas
8 ounces snap peas
8 ounces frozen shelled Edamame
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2-cup dry white wine
3 tablespoon unsalted butter, diced
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Pinch of red pepper flakes
1/4-teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Handful fresh basil for garnish
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN 375 F)
1. Heat 2 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-heat until sizzling.
2. Add onions and a pinch of kosher salt stirring occasionally, sauté 5 minutes, add garlic and sauté 1 minutes.
3. Add 4 cups broth (3 cups broth 1 cup water) cover and bring to a boil over medium-high-heat.
4. Remove from heat and stir in rice; cover the pot and bake for 55 minutes, on the middle rack.
5. Meanwhile, snip off the tough ends of the asparagus and discard.
6. Bias-slice into 1/2-inch lengths.
7. On baking sheet toss the asparagus with 1 tablespoon oil and splash of salt, set aside.
8. Once the risotto has been in the oven for 55 minutes, transfer the asparagus to the lower rack of the oven.
9. Carefully remove the risotto pot from the oven; take the lid off.
10. Dump all the peas inside, return to oven and bake more 10 min.
11. Remove the pot from the oven but let the asparagus bake 10 more minutes.
12. Remove the lid and pour in remaining broth and next 6 ingredients.
13. Stir vigorously for 2-3 minutes, stir in roasted asparagus.
14. Season with salt and pepper, divide into bowl and top with basil.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS PLANT SEEDS AND ENJOY SPRING!!