Sunday, April 9, 2017
DAVE'S TONGUE IN THE CROCK POT ENJOY DAN:
DAVE’S BEEF TONGUE IN THE CROCK POT by CHEF DAN:
1 beef tongue,
1 onion chopped in half
4 garlic cloves
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon salt
Water to cover
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 (10.5-Oz) can RO*TEL tomatoes with green chilies
1/4-cup Pepperoncini, Deli-sliced
2 tablespoons Pepperoncini juice
1 pinch red pepper flakes
2 garlic cloves, smashed
Salt to taste
2 tablespoon lime juice
1 cup salsa for garnish
1. Place whole tongue in crock, and cover with water.
2. Add onion, and next 3 ingredients.
3. Cook for 8-10 hours, on low overnight.
4. Remove tongue from liquid and peel off and discard skin.
5. Place tongue in a bowl and using 2 forks; begin separating the meat.
6. In a skillet heat oil over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
7. Add onion and sauté for 5 minutes.
8. Add tomatoes and next 4 ingredients and cook for 10 minutes.
9. Add meat and lime juice and cook until sticky and delicious.
10. Serve with salsa on the side.
ENJOY DAN: SHARING LIFE LOVE AND FOOD!!