Thursday, April 27, 2017
OVEN ROASTED BEET CHIPS ENJOY DAN:
OVEN ROASTED BEET CHIPS by CHEF DAN:
Serves 3-4 cups
6-8 beets, rinsed and scrubbed
1 tablespoon olive oil, or coconut oil
1 tablespoon lemon pepper
1 tablespoon Herb de Provence
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 350)
1. Peel your beets and slice 1/16th of an inch on a mandolin or sharp knife.
2. In a mixing bowl toss your beets oil of your choice and remaining ingredients, toss to combine.
3. With baking sheets, one for beetS and one to hold beets down.
4. Add sliced beets and place on top with 2nd baking sheet.
5. Bake 20 minutes; then remove top baking sheet.
6. Bake an additional 20 minutes.
7. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool; the chip will be crispy when cool.
ENJOY DAN: COOK WITH SOUL EAT WITH PLEASURE!!