Sunday, April 23, 2017
TURKISH STYLE POACHED EGGS MY WAY ENJOY DAN:
TURKISH STYLE POACHED EGGS MY WAY by CHEF DAN:
1 cup Mexican sour cream
2 garlic cloves
1/4-teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
Large pinch fresh ground black pepper
4 farm fresh eggs
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoon butter
1/2-teaspoon EACH smoked paprika and turmeric
Pinch of cayenne
1/4-cup feta cheese
2 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
2 tablespoons pistachios, finely chopped
Pita bread for serving
1. Put the cream cheese in a bowl and whisk in the garlic, salt, & pepper.
2. Divide the cream cheese between 2 bowls.
3. Break and egg into 4 tea cups and line a plate with a paper towel.
4. Fill a saucepan about two-thirds full of water.
5. Bring to a boil over high-heat.
6. lower heat to simmer so water is barely simmering.
7. Gently add the eggs into whirling water.
8. Cook for 3 minutes for a soft yolk.
9. If whites start to spread out create a whirlpool.
10. Lift the pouched eggs out of the water with a slotted spoon and place on the paper lined plate to drain.
11. In a skillet over medium-heat, melt butter and when sizzling.
12. Add smoked paprika, turmeric, and cayenne, sizzle 1 minutes or until butter begins to brown.
13. Place 2 egg on top the cream cheese in each bowl and pour the spice butter over the eggs.
14. Top with feta cheese, salt, mint and pistachios.
15. Serve pita bread.
ENJOY DAN: SHARING LIFE LOVE AND FOOD!!