Wednesday, April 5, 2017
TOMATO LENTIL SOUP WITH ROASTED CHICKPEAS ENJOY DAN:
TOMATO LENTIL SOUP WITH ROASTED CHICKPEAS FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN
By CHEF DAN:
20 cup vegetable stock
6 onions, chopped
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
8 cups lentils
1 tablespoon red chili pepper
1 (52 Oz) can diced tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoon EACH ginger powder, mustard powder, ground cumin, dried
basil, and dried parsley
6 (15.5 Oz) cans roasted chickpeas (recipe to follow)
3 cups sour cream
1/2-cup fresh rosemary
1. Heat oil in a stockpot over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
2. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add lentils and next 8 ingredients along with the vegetable stock.
Bring to a boil; cover reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes.
4. With an immersion blender blend soup until somewhat smooth.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add roasted chickpeas.
ROASTED CHICKPEAS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 400 F)
6 (15.5 Oz) cans chickpeas
4 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons EACH chili powder, curry powder, garam masala, cumin, smoked paprika, rosemary powder and ginger powder
1. Rinse and drain chickpeas.
2. Dry the chickpeas with a dish towel.
3. In a bowl mix to combine olive oil and next 8 ingredients.
4. Toss in the chickpeas and toss to combine.
5. Place in the oven and spread on a baking sheet, bake for 30 minutes.
6. Stir every 12 minutes.
ENJOY DAN: HEART ASND SOUP IN THE KITCHEN!!