Friday, April 14, 2017
EASTER AT THE SAUL’S SHRIMP ENCHILADAS SUIZAS by CHEF DAN:
9 tomatillos, husked and rinsed
2 fresh jalapenos peppers, stems removed
2 garlic cloves
1-bunch fresh cilantro
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup chicken broth
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 pound fully cooked shrimp
1 (12 Oz) bag baby spinach leaves
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
10 (6-inch) corn tortillas
8 ounces’ pepper jack cheese
1/2-cup Mexican sour cream
1 tablespoon Tabasco green pepper sauce
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 400 F)
1. Lightly oil a 9X13-inch baking dish.
2. Place tomatillos, and next 4 ingredients in blender and pulse until mixture is complexly pulsed about 8 pulsed.
3. Pour mixture into a skillet over medium-heat and bring to a simmer.
4. Cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in coconut milk, and broth: season with salt and pepper.
6. Simmer for 10 minutes, cook until slightly thickened, set aside.
7. Place shrimp and spinach in a skillet over medium-heat.
8. Cover and cook until spinach wilts and shrimp are heated through, 3 minutes, remove from heat.
9. Whip skillet dry and add 1 teaspoon oil over medium-heat.
10. Add tortilla and cook 12 seconds with each tortilla.
11. Fill each tortilla with 1 tablespoon of shrimp, spinach, and a tablespoon pepper jack cheese.
12. Repeat with each tortilla adding as oil as needed.
13. Place filled tortillas in the prepared baking dish.
14. Pour sauce over tortillas and sprinkle with reaming cheese and any remaining filling.
15. top with Mexican cream cheese and Tabasco green pepper sauce.
16. Bake at 400 F for about 20 minutes.
ENJOY DAN: LIVE LOVE LAUGH AND COOK!!