Sunday, April 9, 2017
SCALLOPED SWEET POTATO STACKS ENJOY DAN:
SCALLOPED SWEET POTATO STACKS by CHEF DAN:
2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1 teaspoons rosemary powder
1/2- cup Jarlsberg semi-soft part skim cheese
1/3-cup almond milk
1 garlic clove, smashed
1/2-teaspoon EACH cayenne pepper and smoked paprika
1/4-teaspoon kosher salt
1/8-teaspon freshly ground black pepper
Garnish with fresh snipped chives
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 F)
1. Layer sweet potatoes in lightly greased 1/2-cup muffin pan.
2. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
3. Then sprinkle with1/2-teaspoon rosemary and 1/4-cup cheese.
4. Top with remaining sweet potatoes.
5. Sweet potatoes should be 1/2-inch above the rim.
6. Microwave almond milk and 5 ingredients, and rosemary.
7. Microwave for 1 minutes.
8. Pour milk mixture into muffin cups about 1/2-tablespoon per cup.
9. Bake at 350 F covered with aluminum foil.
10. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
11. Bake 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
12. Run a sharp knife around rim of each cup.
13. Lift potato stacks from cups using a spoon or spatula.
14. Transfer to serving platter.
15. Garnish fresh snipped chives.
ENJOY DAN: FOR THE LOVE OF FOOD!!