Wednesday, April 19, 2017
QUINOA CRUSTED CAULIFLOWER STEAKS ENJOY DAN:
QUINOA CRUSTED CAULIFLOWER STEAKS, by CHEF DAN:
1 large heat purple cauliflower
2 tablespoon almond milk
2-cups cooked quinoa
1/4-teaspoon EACH garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoon za’atar
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 400 F)
1. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Strip away any excess greens on the head of the cauliflower.
3. With the stem side, down on the cutting board, cut two 1/2-inch steaks from the center of the cauliflower, revering florets as they fall off.
4. In a dish, whisk together the eggs and almond milk. spread out the cooked quinoa on a piece of aluminum foil.
5. Sprinkle the Panko over the quinoa.
6. With your fingers, squeeze the quinoa and Panko together until the moisture of the quinoa is absorbed.
7. Sprinkle the cauliflower with garlic powder, onion powder and paprika.
8. Coat the cauliflower steaks in the egg mixture.
9. Sprinkle with za’atar
10. Then carefully transfer to the quinoa mixture and coat.
11. Repeat the process to double coat.
12. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-low heat and when sizzling.
13. Add 1 steak and fry the steak for 3-4 minutes on each side, until brown and crispy.
14. Repeat with the remaining steak.
15. Transfer the steaks to the prepared baking sheet.
16. Bake the stakes for 15 minutes or until tender.
ENJOY DAN: LIVE LOVE AND LAUGH!!