Friday, November 4, 2016
CURRIED COCONUT CURRY WITH SWEET POTATOES ENJOY DAN:
CURRIED COCONUT CURRY WITH SWEET POTATOES by CHEF DAN:
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 thumb-size fresh ginger
1 (15.5 Oz) can chickpeas
2 (10.5 Oz) cans RO*TEL with green chilies
1/2-heat cabbage, florets
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 (19 Oz) Mae Ploy coconut milk
1 cup vegetable broth
1 tablespoon EACH tandoori masala and sumac
1/2-teaspoon curry powder
1 teaspoon salt
2cups tightly packed baby spinach chopped
1-1/2-cup basmati rice
1-(13.5 Oz) light coconut milk
1 tablespoon coconut oil
DIRECTIONS FOR CURRY:
1. In a skillet over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
2. Add onions, garlic, and ginger and sauté for 7 minutes.
3. Transfer onion mixture to the slow cooker and add curry ingredients except the spinach.
4. Heat on low for 6-7 hours.
5. Before serving add the spinach and heat for 5 more minutes.
COOKING THE RICE:
1. Add the rice and remaining ingredients in a saucepan.
2. Heat on high, bringing to a boil, then cover; reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
3. Turn off heat and allow curry to sit covered for 10 minutes.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS AND PLANT SEEDS!!