Saturday, November 12, 2016
COWBOY STEAK CHILI IN THE CROCK POT ENJOY DAN:
COWBOY STEAK CHILI IN THE CROCK POT by CHEF DAN:
1 pound sirloin steak, cut into cubes
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 pound chorizo sausage
2 onions, chopped
1 bell pepper chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
4 garlic cloves, smashed
2 (10.5 Oz) cans hot RO*TEL tomatoes with green chills
2 (16 Oz) cans kidney beans, drained and raised
1 (16 Oz) can corn
1 (16 Oz) bottle dark beer
1 (4 Oz) can diced green chilies
COWBOY STEAK SEASONING:
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon EACH instant coffee. Unsweetened cocoa, smoked paprika, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, apple cider vinegar and brown sugar
1/2-teaspoon EACH salt, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, ground coriander, black pepper, and chipotle powder
1. In a bowl place the steak pieces and add steak seasoning
2. Roll cubed steak around in the seasoning mix until they are thoroughly coated.
3. In a skillet add oil over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
4. Brown the meat on all sides add to the prepared crock pot, along with the seasonings.
5. Add the chorizo, to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes.
6. Transfer to crock pot.
7. Next add onions and next 3 ingredients and sauté for 5 minutes.
8. Transfer to crock-pot.
9. Stir into the crock pot RO*TEL tomatoes and next 4 ingredients.
10. Put the lid on and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
ENJOY DAN: HEART AND SOUL IN THE KITCHEN!!