Saturday, November 5, 2016
ROASTED BEETS AND SWEET POTATOES ENJOY DAN:
ROASTED BEETS AND SWEET POTATOES by CHEF DAN:
4 medium beets, peeled and cut into chunks
2-1/2-tablespoons olive oil
3/4-teaspon EACH garlic powder, and turmeric powder
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4-teaspoon EACH sea salt, and black pepper
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1 tablespoon goat cheese
1/2-cup toasted walnuts
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 400 F)
1. In a dry cast-iron skillet toast walnuts over low-heat, stir-fry until browned.
2. In a bowl, toss beets with 1/2-tablespoon oil to coat.
3. Spread on prepared baking sheet.
4. Mix remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil,5 ingredients in a zip lock bag.
5. Place sweet potatoes and onion in the bag.
6. Seal bag and shake to coat vegetables with the oil mixture.
7. Bake beets for 15 minutes in preheat oven.
8. Mix sweet potato mixture with the beets on the baking sheet.
9. Continue baking for 45 -50 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes.
10. Bake until vegetables are soft.
11. Remove from oven top with toasted walnuts and goat cheese.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!