Thursday, November 10, 2016
CHICKEN AND POTATO SOUP FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN ENJOY DAN:
CHICKEN AND POTATO SOUP FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN by CHEF DAN:
1 stick pf butter
6 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, halved
5 onions, diced
5 pounds’ potatoes, diced
22 cups chicken stock
3 (15 Oz) cans of peas
3 (10.3/4 Oz) cans cream of chicken soup
3 (10.5 Oz) cans evaporated milk
2 tablespoons EACH dried thyme, and parsley
1. Melt the butter in a stock pot over medium-heat and when sizzling.
2. And cook the chicken 20 minutes, or until juice run clear.
3. Mix the onion and next 5 ingredients into the pot with the chicken.
4. Bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are soft.
6. Sprinkle with thyme and parsley.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!