Wednesday, November 9, 2016
POLISH KRAUT AND APPLES ENJOY DAN:
POLISH KRAUT AND APPLES by CHEF DAN:
1 pound smoked Polish sausage or kielbasa, cut up
3 tart apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2-cup apple cider
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
4 juniper berries
1/2-teaspoon caraway seeds
Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. 1 Gala apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
2. 2 tablespoons butter
3. 3 tablespoon pecans
1. In a skillet over medium-heat add butter and when sizzling.
2. Add apple, pecans and sauté until apples are just softened.
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 F)
1. Rinse the sauerkraut and wring dry.
2. Heat the butter in skillet over medium-high heat when sizzling.
3. Add onion, garlic, sausage and sauté for 5 minutes.
4. Add apples and next 5 ingredients, season with salt and pepper, and bring to a boil.
5. Transfer to a prepared casserole dish.
6. Cover with apple/pecan topping and bake in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS AND PLANT SEEDS!!