Sunday, November 13, 2016
TURMERIC HONEY ROASTED TURKEY WITH TURMERIC ROASTED CARROTS ENJOY DAN:
TURMERIC HONEY ROASTED TURKEY WITH TURMERIC ROASTED CARROTS
by CHEF DAN:
1 whole turkey 11-13 pounds
4 cups chicken broth
4 tablespoons butter (Kerrygold pure Irish butter if you have it)
4 fresh rosemary springs
1 tablespoons EACH dried sage, dried thyme and sea salt
1/2-teaspoon EACH sumac, onion powder, smoked paprika, and black pepper
4 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon ground turmeric
2 tablespoons raw honey
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon salt
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 325 F)
1. Remove giblets and rinse turkey in cold water and pat dry.
2. Place in a turkey roasting pan, neatly position wings behind turkey.
3. Place springs of rosemary in cavity of turkey.
4. Mix sage and next 7 ingredients in a bowl.
5. Use finger to lift the skin and dot with butter.
6. Add dry rub seasoning under the skin and all over the body.
7. Pour stock into the roasting pan.
8. Roast for 1 hour, then baste with broth if needed add more broth.
9. Roast turkey until internal temperature is 165 F.
10. In a sauce pan add butter over medium/low heat, stir in turmeric and next 3 ingredients.
11. Using a basting brush cover the turkey with glaze.
12. And roast for 30 minutes more.
13. Let rest 20 minutes.
TURMERIC ROASTED CARROTS:
10 rainbow carrots, washed and ends trimmed and peeled
2 teaspoons EACH ground turmeric, coconut oil
1/2-tespoon EACH ground cumin, and sumac
Salt and black pepper to taste
2 teaspoons pure honey
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 425 F)
1. Place carrots on baking sheet and drizzle with turmeric, and next 5 ingredients.
2. Roast 20-30 minutes, turning halfway through.
3. Place in a bowl and drizzle with honey and toss until coated with honey.
ENJOY DAN: HEART AND SOUL IN THE KITCHEN!!