Wednesday, November 9, 2016
SWEET POTATO POMEGRANATE SALAD WITH PISTACHIOS ENJOY DAN:
SWEET POTATO POMEGRANATE SALAD WITH PISTACHIOS by CHEF DAN:
4 sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/4-cup EACH pomegranate seeds and sunflower seeds
1/2-cup roasted pistachios nuts
1/2-cup crumbled goat cheese
2 tablespoon pomegranate juice
1 teaspoon garlic power
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 400 F)
1. Poke a few holes in the sweet potato and bake for 50 minutes.
2. When sweet potatoes are cooked, slice in allow to cool.
3. Peel the skins away from the flesh and place in a bowl
4. Add pomegranate seeds, and next 3 ingredients.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. In a bowl, whisk, together pomegranate juice and next 6 ingredients:
7. Drizzle dressing over sweet potato salad.
8. Gently toss.