Saturday, November 5, 2016
BOURBON MAPLE GLAZED CARROTS ENJOY DAN:
BOURBON MAPLE GLAZED CARROTS by CHEF DAN:
8 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2--teaspoon sea salt
1/4-cup pure maple syrup
1/4-cup brown sugar
1/4-teaspoon black pepper
1/4-teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
2 spoons fresh chopped dill
1. Melt butter in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat when sizzling.
2. When foaming add carrots and salt and sauté, covered for 4 minutes.
3. Uncover and continue to cook, stirring until carrots are browned, about 2-3 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low and carefully pour in bourbon.
5. Have fun; tip the skillet to ignite the liquor and step back.
6. Cook stirring until the bourbon is almost evaporated, about 2 minutes.
7. Add brown maple syrup and next 3 ingredients.
8. Cook, stirring until carrots are tender and glossy, about 5 minutes.
9. Increase heat to medium-high to thicken glaze, slightly, about 20 seconds.
10. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with fresh mint.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONG AND PLANT SEEDS!!