Thursday, November 10, 2016
CREAMY CHICKEN POTATO SOUP FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN ENJOY DAN:
CREAMY CHICKEN POTATO SOUP FOR THE SOUP KITCHEN by CHEF DAN:
5 onions, chopped
1 stick of butter
20 cups vegetable broth
1 (10 lb.) bag potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 EACH teaspoons salt and pepper
2 whole chickens
2 (11 Oz) cans corn
2 (10 Oz) cans peas
2 tablespoon EACH dried thyme, parsley and turmeric
1-1/4-cup all-purpose flour
5 cups almond milk
5 cans evaporated milk
1. In a stock pot filled with water; add chicken and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium and boil the chickens for 1 hour.
3. After 1 hour remove chicken and let cool.
4. Once cooled remove all the meat and set aside.
5. In another stock pot add butter over medium-high heat when sizzling.
6. Saute onions for 5 minutes.
7. Stir in potatoes and broth from the pot the chicken was cooked in.
8. Add corn and next 4 ingredients.
9. Bring to a boil.
10. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
11. Combine flour and milk until smooth, stir into stock pot.
12. Add evaporated milk.
13. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 10 minutes.
14. Season with salt and pepper.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!