Saturday, November 12, 2016
SEAFOOD RISOTTO WITH SQUID SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP ENJOY DAN:
SEAFOOD RISOTTO WITH SQUID SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP by CHEF DAN:
5 cups seafood broth made from the shrimp shells
1 (8 Oz) bottle clam juice
1/2-teaspoons saffron, threads, crushed
3 tablespoons butter
1-1/2-cup Royal Italian Superfine Risotto
1 cup dry white wine
1/2-pound bay scallops
1/2-pound shrimp, peeled and deveined (reserve shells for broth)
1/2-pound squid tubes, sliced into rings
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4-cup fresh snipped chives
Finish with black truffle oil
1. In a stock pot add 5 cups water with shrimp shells, bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Strain and reserve broth.
3. In a stock pot add reserved broth, clam juice and saffron to a boil over medium-heat, keep simmering
4. Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons butter in a sauce pan over medium-high heat and when sizzling.
5. Stir in rice and toast cook until translucent, about 2 minutes.
6. Stir the wine into simmering clam broth and add 1/2-cup at a time to the rice.
7. Stir constantly until liquid is absorbed.
8. Set aside 1/2- cup simmering broth.
9. Set timer for 18 minutes, and begin to add saffron broth, 1/2-cup at a time, stir in each time until most liquid is absorbed.
10. Continue until most of the liquid is used.
11. After 18 minutes, stir in scallops, shrimp, squid and salt.
12. Continue to cook and stir, adding more broth
13. Cook about 6 minutes or until the rice is “firm to the tooth” and is creamy.
14. Remove from heat and stir remaining butter and 1/2-cup broth.
15. Top fresh snipped chives and black truffle oil.
ENJOY DAN: HEART AND SOUL IN THE KITCHEN!!