Wednesday, November 2, 2016
CHICKEN BREASTS WITH TURMERIC AND COLLARD GREENS SALAD ENJOY DAN:
CHICKEN BREASTS WITH TURMERIC AND COLLARD GREENS SALAD
by CHEF DAN:
2 teaspoons ground turmeric
1 teaspoon EACH sea salt, cumin, smoked paprika
1 butternut squash, peeled
4 tablespoon coconut oil
2 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
3 teaspoons fish sauce
3 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, about 1-1/2-pounds
1 head Napa cabbage, shredded
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
DIRECTIONS: (preheat oven to 450F)
1. Using a peeler, slice ribbons off long neck squash until you 2 cups ribbons; set aside.
2. Cut reaming squash in half lengthwise, scoop out and discard seeds.
3. Cut squash into 1/2" half-moons.
4. Toss squash pieces with 2 tablespoon coconut oil in a bowl.
5. Add turmeric and next 3 ingredients, and toss to coat.
6. Spread squash mixture to a baking sheet and roast until golden brown about 20 minutes.
7. Whisk lime juice and next 2 ingredients in a bowl.
8. Add squash ribbons and toss to coat; set aside.
9. Meanwhile rub chicken breasts with turmeric mixture in bowl.
10. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a skillet over high heat and when sizzling.
11. Sear chicken breasts, turning often, until browned on all sides.
12. Transfer skillet to the oven and roast about 20 minutes.
13. Remove stems from collard greens.
14. Stack halved leaves into a neat pile.
15. Starting at 1 long side, roll into a tube, then slice at 1/2" intervals across tube to create ribbons.
16. Transfer squash ribbons to a plate
17. Add vegetable oil to dressing and whisk to combine.
18. Using your hands, massage collard in dressing until dark green.
19. Return squash ribbons to bowl and toss to combine.
20. Divide among plates and serve roasted squash and chicken with yogurt along side
ENJOY DAN: BE STRONG AND HAVE FAITH!!