Sunday, November 6, 2016
PALEO GRANOLA MY WAY ENJOY DAN:
PALEO GRANOLA MY WAY by CHEF DAN:
For breakfast or snack
2 cups pecans, chopped
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1-1/2-cups almond meal (from Trader Joe’s)
1/4-cup EACH flax seeds, and sesame seeds
3/4-cup unsweetened coconut flakes
6 tablespoon coconut oil
1/4-cup EACH honey and pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon EACVH vanilla, and cinnamon
1/2- teaspoon EACH ground ginger, sumac, tandoori masala, and turmeric
1 cup mixed, dried craisin’s, dried tart cherries, and dried cranberries
1/2-teaspoon sea salt
DIRECTIONSLPREEHEAT THE OVEN TO 275 F)
1. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
2. Combine all the nuts and seeds as well as almond meal and coconut flakes in a large bowl.
3. In a microwave, safe bowl; melt the coconut oil and honey together for 60 seconds.
4. Remove add maple syrup and next 6 ingredients stir to combine.
5. Pour mixture over nut/seed mixture and mix well.
6. Spread mixture on to a prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes.
8. After 45 minutes watch, carefully that the mixture does not burn.
9. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
10. Add dried fruit after the granola has cooled.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!