Thursday, November 3, 2016
BANH MI VIETNANESE STYLE SANDWICH ENJOY DAN:
BANH MI VIETNAMESE STYLE SANDWICH by CHEF DAN:
1/4-cup distilled white vinegar
2 carrots, julienned
1 /2-daikon radish, julienned
1/2-onion, thinly sliced
Sea salt to taste
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 skinless, boneless, chicken tenders (8 tenders)
1 tablespoon EACH sumac and smoked paprika
1/8-teaspoon EACH garlic powder, AND BLACK PEPPER
1 loaf ESSENTIAL BAKING Organic Ciabatta bread, (cut into 1-inch pieces)
1 tablespoon sriracha
4 teaspoons soy sauce
1/2-cup fresh cilantro springs
1/4-English cucumber, cut lengthwise, cut into 4 slices
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and cut into 1/8-inch matchsticks
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. In a skillet, combine the water, sugar and vinegar and bring to a boil.
2. Transfer the vinegar mixture to a bowl and let cool.
3. Add the carrots, daikon and onions and season with salt.
4. Set aside to marinate for 30 minutes.
1. In a skillet heat oil over medium-heat and when sizzling.
2. Add onion and sauté for 4 minutes, add chicken and next 4 ingredients.
3. Saute for 6-8 more minutes, set aside.
SANDWICH: (preheat the oven to 400 F)
1. Mix the mayonnaise with the sriracha and stir to combine.
2. Slice the Ciabatta bread open lengthwise, and add mayonnaise.
3. Place Ciabatta on a baking sheet in preheated oven; bake for 5 minutes.
4. Remove Ciabatta bread and immediately fill with 2 slices of season chicken, 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 1/2-tablespoon cilantro, 1 slice cucumber, jalapeno pepper and ground pepper.
5. Serve immediately with slaw on the side
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS AND PLANT SEEDS!!