Saturday, November 12, 2016
THANKSGIVING SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE IN THE CROCK POT ENJOY DAN:
THANKSGIVING SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE IN THE CROCK POT
by CHEF DAN:
5 sweet potatoes
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup cranberry juice juice
1 cup fresh cranberries
1 apple, peeled and diced
1/4-cup butter, cubed
2 eggs lightly battened
1 teaspoon EACH vanilla extract and almond extract
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1/2-teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3-cup coconut milk
FOR THE TOPPING:
1/2-cup brown sugar
1/3-cup melted butter
1/3-cup almond flour
1 cup pecans
1. Spray the crock pot with Pam.
2. Peel sweet potatoes and cur into even 1/2-inch cubes.
3. Place potatoes into your crock pot.
4. Add chicken broth, apple juice and sprinkle with the cubed butter on top.
5. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours, or until sweet potatoes are soft enough to mash.
6. Use a potato masher and mash the potatoes to your desired consistency.
7. Add fresh cranberries, and next, 8 ingredients: stir to combine.
8. In separate bowl combine topping ingredients and stir to coat.
9. Sprinkle over the mashed sweet potatoes, replace lid and continue to cook on high for 2 more hours.
ENJOY DAN: HEART AND SOUL IN THE KITCTEN!!