Friday, February 27, 2015
ZA' ATAR FISH WITH COUSCOUS KALE AND FETA CHEESE ENJOY DAN:
ZA’ ATAR FISH WITH COUSCOUS KALE AND FETA CHEESE by CHEF DAN:
1 cup couscous
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 (6 Oz) cat fish, arctic char, or sea bass skin on 3/4-inch thick
3/4-teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
8 teaspoons za’atar seasoning (recipe to follow)
1 pound kale leaves roughly chopped
1/4-cup white wine
1/4-cup pomegranate seeds
1/2-cup feta cheese, crumbles
1-tablespoon lemon juice
1. Cook couscous according to package directions:
2. Once cooked, drain and transfer to a bowl.
3. Season fish fillets with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt and pepper.
4. Rub each fillet with za’atar.
5. Add 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat when sizzling.
6. Add fish fillets, skin side down, and sear until golden brown and crispy 4-6 minutes.
7. Flip fish and cook 1-2 minutes more.
8. Transfer to a platter.
9. To the skillet add kale, wine 1/4-teaspoon EACH salt and pepper.
10. Add chard mixture to the bowl with couscous.
11. Fold in pomegranate seeds, feta, and 1/2-tablespoon oil.
12. Pour in lemon juice and stir to combine.
ZA’ATAR SPICE RECIPE: (make 3/4-cup)
1/4-cup ground sumac
2 tablespoons EACH thyme, ground marjoram and lemon pepper
3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1 teaspoon EACH sage and basil
2 tablespoons coarse salt
1. In a spice grinder; pulse ingredients into a powder are formed.