Sunday, February 15, 2015
CHEESE FONDUE MY WAY ENJOY DAN:
CHEESE FONDUE MY WAY by CHEF DAN:
1 pound English Black Truffle cheese, shredded room temperature (TRADER JOE’S)
1/2-pound Gruyere cheese, shredded, room temperature
2 tablespoon cornstarch
Pinch of nutmeg
1-1/2-cups dry white wine
1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
1 tablespoon Kirsch (cherry brandy)
1/4-teaspoon black pepper
1 loaf Clabatta bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
1. Toss Truffle cheese, Gruyere cheese, cornstarch and nutmeg in a bowl until well combined.
2. Bring wine and garlic to a boll in sauce-pan over high heat; discard garlic.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and slowly whisk in cheese mixture a 1/2-cup at a time.
4. Continue to cook, whisking constantly, until mixture is smooth and begins to bubble, 2-4 minutes.
5. Stir in pepper and Kirsch.
6. Serve with Clabatta cubes.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!