Friday, February 27, 2015
NEW ORLEANS STYLE BBQ SHRMP ENJOY DAN:
NEW ORLEANS STYLE BBQ SHRIMP by CHEF DAN:
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound jumbo Louisiana shrimp, peeled, leaving heads and tails on
3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Tabasco chipotle smoked pepper sauce
1 tablespoon Tabasco green pepper sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 teaspoon Creole seasoning (recipe to follow)
1 cup I.P.A. beer
1 teaspoon rosemary leaves, minced
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 loaf French bread, thickly sliced on the bias and warmed
1. Melt butter in a skillet over medium-heat when sizzling.
2. Sauté garlic until browned and fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
3. Add shrimp and cook 1 minute on each side.
4. Increase heat to high and add Worcestershire sauce, hot sauces, lemon juice, Creole seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste, sauté 2 minutes,
5. Remove shrimp from skillet.
6. Add beer and rosemary and stir to deglaze, cook until reduced by half.
7. Return shrimp to the skillet and quickly toss to coat in the sauce.
8. Serve with bread.
CREOLE SEASONING RECIPE: (makes 1/4-cup)
2 teaspoon EACH salt, and garlic power
2-1/2-teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon EACH black pepper, onion powder, cayenne and cumin
1-1/4/teaspoon dried oregano
1/2-teaspoon red pepper flakes
Stir all the ingredients together and store in an air-tight container.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!