Friday, February 20, 2015
TURKISH LENTIL AND BULGUR SOUP WITH DRIED MINT ENJOY DAN:
TURKISH LENTIL AND BULGUR SOUP WITH DRIED MINT (EZOGELIN CORBASI)
By CHEF DAN:
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon butter
1 onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tomato, peeled, copped
2 tablespoons smoked paprika
1/2-teaspoon chipotle powder
1-1/2-cups red lentils
5 cups chicken or vegetables stock
1 tablespoon dried mint
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Lemon wedges to serve
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon dried mint
1/2-teaspoon smoked paprika
1. In a skillet heat oil and butter over medium-heat when sizzling.
2. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
3. Stir in tomato paste, chopped tomato, paprika, and chipotle powder.
4. Add lentils and stock, cover and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add bulgur and mint, season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Cook for another 10 minutes.
DIRECTIONS FOR TOPPING:
1. Heat the butter in a sauce-pan over low-heat.
2. Add mint and paprika; stir mixture until it sizzles.
3. Ladle soup into individual bowls and drizzle butter mixture over each bowl.
4. Serve with lemon wedges.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!