Saturday, February 14, 2015
CHEESE FONDUE ENJOY DAN:
CHEESE FONDUE by CHEF DAN:
2 garlic cloves
1 pound Swiss cheese, diced
1 cup white wine, (such as Pinot Grigio)
Pinch of nutmeg
Splash of smoked paprika
Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoon kirsch (cherry brandy
1-loaf Clabatta bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
1. Rub the insides of the fondue pot with the garlic cloves.
2. Dredge the chafing cheese in the flour and set aside.
3. Pour wine in the dish and heat.
4. When wine is heated, add the coated cheese.
5. Bring to a slow simmer, stirring with as whisk until the cheese is melted and well blended with the wine. Season with nutmeg, paprika, salt and pepper.
6. When ready to serve, whisk in kirsch.
7. Serve with Clabatta cubes.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETIT!!