Sunday, February 15, 2015
SHREDDED CHICKEN AND RED AVOCADO QUINOA PILAF ENJOY DAN:
CHICKEN AND AVOCADO RED QUINOA PILAF by CHEF DAN:
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3/4-teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 ripe fresh avocados, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 carrots, diced
1 red bell pepper, roasted
1 cup quinoa
2 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped
2 cups shredded cooked chicken meat
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Place chicken breast in boiling water, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, drain and set-aside.
2. When chicken has cooled, with a fork shred cooked chicken.
3. Mix lemon juice, basil, and 1/2-teaspoon black pepper.
4. Place avocado in a bowl and drizzle lemon juice mixture.
5. Toss and set aside.
6. Heat the coconut oil in a sauce-pan over medium-heat when sizzling.
7. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and bell pepper, sauté for 5 minutes.
8. Add the quinoa, chicken broth, Italian seasoning, and fresh sage.
9. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until the liquid has absorbed and the quinoa is tender about 15-20 minutes.
10. Stir in cooked chicken and season with salt and pepper.
11. Place quinoa mixture in a bowl.
12. Add avocado and toss gently.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!