Saturday, February 14, 2015
MUSHROOM SOUP FOR VALENTINES DAY DINNER ENJOY DAN:
MUSHROOM SOUP FOR VALENTINES DAY DINNER by CHEF DAN:
6 crimini mushrooms
1/2- onion, chopped
2 scallions, bias-sliced into 1/2-inch lengths
1 tablespoon butter
16 ounces chicken stock
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. In a skillet add butter over medium-high heat when sizzling.
2. Add onion, scallions and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
3. Cut 3 mushroom into small pieces.
4. Add mushrooms to the onions and sauté for 4 minutes.
5. Add chicken stock and stir, scrapping the bottom of the pan to loosen bits of onions stuck to the bottom.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add reaming mushroom cut some into fourths and into smaller pieces.
8. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
9. Serve in bowl and enjoy.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!