Monday, February 16, 2015
ASIAN BLACK PEPPER SHRIMP AND LEMONGRASS RICE ENJOY DAN:
ASIAN BLACK PEPPER SHRIMP AND LEMONGRASS RICE by CHEF DAN:
2 tablespoons grape-seed oil
4 scallions, bias-sliced into 1/2-inch lengths
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, peeled and minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2-pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup cabbage, shredded
2 cups cooked lemongrass brown jasmine rice (recipe to follow)
1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
1 teaspoon EACH oyster sauce, and mirin
Freshly ground black pepper
3 each bok choy, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
1/2-cup frozen corn, thawed
1/2-cup cucumber, thinly sliced
1/2-cup fresh cilantro.
1. In a wok heat oil over medium-high heat when sizzling.
2. Add onion, scallions, ginger, garlic, and stir –fry for 2 minutes.
3. Add shrimp to the wok and stir-fry till almost cooked through.
4. Add cabbage and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
5. Stir in chili garlic sauce and stir-fry 30 seconds.
6. Add the rice to the wok and gently stir-fry, and cook 3 minutes.
7. Drizzle the oyster, mirin and black pepper over the rice.
8. Add bok choy and corn and stir-fry 1 minute.
9. Add cucumber and cilantro and stir-fry until heated through.
LEMONGRASS RICE RECIPE:
A little oil
2 garlic cloves, minced,
1 thumb-size fresh ginger, peeled, minced
3 stalks lemongrass, minced white parts only
4 cups cooked brown jasmine rice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. In skillet add a tad of oil over medium-high heat when sizzling.
2. Add garlic, ginger, lemongrass sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add lemon juice.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!