Friday, February 20, 2015
ASIAN SHRIMP AND CHIVES STEAMED DUMPLINGS FOR CHINESE NEW YEAR ENJOY DAN:
ASIAN SHRIMP AND CHIVES STEAMED DUMPLINGS FOR CHINESE NEW YEAR
by CHEF DAN:
1-(8 Oz) package wonton wrappers
1/2-pound peeled and deveined shrimp
2 tablespoons carrots, minced
2 tablespoon scallions, minced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
2 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon mirin
1/2-teaspoon sesame oil
4 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4-cup rice wine vinegar
1/2-teaspoon Sambao Oelek
1/2-teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
1/4-teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoon fresh snipped chives
1. Take 1/2-pound shrimp and mice fine in food processer, place in a bowl.
2. Take the other 1/2-pound and dice.
3. Combine rest of the mix ingredients in the bowl.
4. With a spoon, place about small spoonful or mixture into wonton wrappers.
5. Moisten outside edge.
6. Fold corner (opposite the seal).
7. Top should look like cross.
8. Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix very well.
9. Place 2-3 cups of water in a wok and place bamboo steamer basket over the water not touching.
10. Use Pam on the bottom of the bamboo basket.
11. Place dumplings in steamer.
12. Cover and steam 8-10 minutes.
13. Serve on plate with the dipping sauce.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!