Thursday, February 26, 2015
RED CURRY SHRIMP STEAMED DUMPLINGS ENJOY DAN:
RED CURRY SHRIMP STEAMED DUMPLINGS by CHEF DAN:
Makes 24 dumplings
24 wonton wrappers
1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 scallions, roughly chopped
2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
1 teaspoons Thai curry paste
1 teaspoon fish sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1/2-teaspoon sesame oil
1 cup soy sauce
1/4-cup rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon red curry paste
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2-teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon lime zest
1 cup water
1 tablespoon cilantro leaves
1. In the work bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade,
2. Add shrimp, scallions, ginger, curry paste, fish sauce, oyster sauce, and oil.
3. Pulse severs times until the ingredients come together and form a finely-chopped paste;
4. Working with 1 wonton wrapper at a time, place 1 teaspoons of shrimp mixture in the center.
5. Wet your finger and rum it around the edge of wonton wrapper.
6. Then, pull all corners to the center, and pinch to seal the dumpling.
7. Repeat with remaining wontons and filling.
8. In a wok add 2-3-cups water, place bamboo steamer basket over the top of the water but not touching the water.
9. Spray Pam on the bottom of the bamboo steaming basket.
10. Place dumpling in the basket, cover and steam for 8-10 minutes.
11. Stir together the dipping sauce in a bowl and serve with dumplings.