Saturday, February 14, 2015
VALENTINE DINNER FOR MY SWEETHEART: SEA SCALLOPS ASPARAGUS AND QUINOA ENJOY DAN:
VALENTINE DINNER FOR MY SWEETHEART:
PAN ROASTED SEA SCALLOPS ASPARAGUS AND QUINOA by CHEF DAN:
1/2- pound sea scallops
1 cup quinoa
2 cups chicken
1 tablespoon olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
DIRECTIONS: (PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES)
1. Combine quinoa with chicken stock.
2. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Snap the ends off the asparagus, and arrange on a prepared baking sheet.
4. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Bake in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile in a fry pan heat butter over heat, when sizzling.
7. Season scallops with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Add scallops and fry 1 minute on each side for rare.
9. 2-3 minutes for well done.
10. Remove asparagus from oven.
11. Fluff quinoa.
12. Set a 1/2-cup quinoa on a plate.
13. Add scallops on top.
14. Add asparagus in a crisscross design.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!