Thursday, February 19, 2015
POMEGRANATE AND FENNEL GLAZED RACKS ENJOY DAN:
POMEGRANATE AND FENNEL GLAZED RACKS FOR FAMILY PARTY AT LAKE CHELAN
By CHEF DAN:
3 tablespoons Herbs de Provence
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses plus 3 teaspoons
3 tablespoons fennel seeds
2 fennel bulbs, sliced lengthwise
1 shallot, thinly sliced
2-3 pound racks f lamb, rib bones frenched (to cut away the meat away from end of rib, so part of the bone is exposed
2 tablespoons grape-seed oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4-cup pomegranate seeds
DIRECTIONS: (PRE-HEAT OVEN TO 425 DEGREES)
1. Mix Herb de Provence, olive oil, 3 tablespoons, pomegranate molasses, and 2 tablespoons fennel seeds in a bowl.
2. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Toss fennel, shallot, reaming 1 tablespoon fennel seed, remaining 3 teaspoons pomegranate molasses in a prepared baking dish.
4. Season with salt and pepper and distribute evenly across the bottom of dish.
5. Season lamb with salt and pepper.
6. Add 1 tablespoon grape-seed oil to a skillet over medium-heat when sizzling.
7. Cook 1 rack of lamb, fat side down, until golden brown 8-10 minutes.
8. Turn and cook other side for 5 minutes.
9. Transfer to dish with fennel mixture, placing fat side up, rub with Herb de Provence mixture.
10. Repeat process with remaining grape-seed oil.
11. Add second rack, and remaining Herbs de Provence mixture.
12. Roast lamb in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes for medium-rare, internal temperature should read 125 degrees.
13. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 15 minutes.
14. Meanwhile toss vegetables in pan drippings to coat; continue to roast until tender and starting to caramelize, 12-15 minutes.
15. Remove from oven; add vinegar and toss to combine.
16. Serve lamb over vegetables topped with pomegranate seeds.
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!