Monday, February 16, 2015
ASIAN FISH AND PEANUT SAUCE WITH RICE NOODLES ENJOY DAN:
ASIAN FISH AND PEANUTS SAUCE WITH RICE NOODLES by CHEF DAN:
2 tablespoon fish sauce
2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1/4-chunky peanut butter
1/2-(19 Oz) can Mae Ploy coconut milk
1 tablespoon red curry paste
2 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
2 tablespoon grape-seed oil
4- 6 ounce fillets of white fish such as (black cod, tilapia, swordfish, or catfish
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Snipped chives for garnish
1. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil, remove from heat and add rice noodles.
2. After 20 minutes drain and set aside.
3. In a sauce-pan mix the first 4 ingredients over medium-low heat.
4. Stirring to melt the honey.
5. Add peanut butter, coconut milk, and red curry paste, stirring to combine.
6. Add rice noodles to the peanut sauce.
7. To make the glaze; combine brown sugar, lime juice, vinegar, and curry paste in a sauce-pan over medium-high heat until slightly thickened.
8. Set aside and keep warm.
9. Season fillets with salt and pepper.
10. Add oil to a skillet over high-heat when sizzling.
11. Add fish fillets and sear for 2 minutes each side.
12. To serve, place a scoop of peanut sauce noodles in the middle of the plate.
13. Top with fish fillet; pour some glaze over the fillets.
14. Garnish with snipped chives.ENJOY DAN: