Thursday, February 26, 2015
BROWN JASMINE RICE POMEGRANATE ARILS NUT SALAD ENJOY DAN:
BROWN JASMINE RICE POMEGRANATE ARILS NUT SALAD by CHEF DAN:
1 cup TRADER JOE’S brown jasmine rice
2 cups water
1/4-teaspoon sea salt
1/4-cup white wine vinegar
2-tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4-teaspoon sea salt or to taste
1 apple (Fiji, granny smith or red delicious
1/4-cup Sweet Bursts Pomegranate Arils
1 shallot, finely diced
2 tablespoon Gruyere cheese, shredded
1/4-cup toasted chopped hazelnuts
1. Rinse rice and drain.
2. Bring salted water to a boil; stir in rice, cover reduce heat and simmer for 30-35 minutes.
3. Cool rice completely with lid off.
4. Chill in refrigerate for 1-2 hours or for a couple of days.
DRESSING AND SALAD ASSEMBLY:
1. In a bowl, combine vinegar, oil, sugar, mustard and salt.
2. Cut apples into thin bit-size wedges and toss with dressing.
3. Add rice, Pomegranate, shallot and cheese to bowl.
4. Stir just before serving.
5. Stir in roasted nuts.
6. Serve on lettuce leaves
ENJOY DAN: BON-APPETITE!!