Monday, July 25, 2016
WHIDBEY ISLAND CAJUN STYLE KING SALMON ENJOY DAN:
WHIDBEY ISLAND CAJUN STYLE KING SALMON by CHEF DAN:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4- cup vermouth
4 salmon filets (4-6 Oz each) with skin on
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoon Cajun seasoning mix (recipe to follow)
1/4-cup finely chopped walnuts
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT THE OVEN TO 375 F)
1. Add the olive oil and vermouth to a 13 X 9-inch baking side.
2. Put the salmon into the dish, non-skin side down.
3. Chop the peppers and onion into small pieces.
4. Flip the salmon over.
5. Spread the peppers and onion around the salmon; stir them gently with a spoon to coat them with the oil vermouth mixture.
6. Sprinkle with Cajun mix over the salmon.
7. Garnish with chopped walnuts.
CAJUN SEASONING. (Makes 2/3-cup)
2.5 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons EACH sea salt, and garlic powder
1 tablespoon EACH black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, dried oregano, and dried thyme
1/2-teaspoon EACH sage, and coriander
Combine all ingredients thoroughly, and store in a Mason jar with tight lid.
ENJOY DAN: HALLELUJAH!!