Sunday, July 31, 2016
LOR'S AWARD WINNING TWEAKED POTATO CASSEROLE ENJOY DAN:
LORI’S AWARD WINNING TWEAKED POTATO CASSEROLE by CHEF DAN:
Serves a bunch
1-30-ounce bag of frozen hash browns
1/2-cup melted butter
1 can of cream of chicken soup, or cream of chicken soup
1 pint sour cream
2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, or jack cheese
1/3-cup of chopped green onions
2 small cans of dice Ortega chilies
2 cups of Panko or corn flakes or bread crumbs mixed with 1/4-cup melted butter
DIRECTIONS: (PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 F)
1. Defrost the hash browns.
2. Melt the remaining butter in a large pot and mix the hash browns in the melted butter.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour into a 9X13 pan that has been sprayed with Pam.
5. Top with Panko mixture and bake for 45 minutes.
GLUTEN FREE RECIPE:
1 tablespoons rice flour or almond flour
3 tablespoons butter
1/2-cup gluten free chicken broth
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
1. Melt the butter in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat.
2. Whisk in the flour and continue whisking until smooth and bubbly.
3. Remove from heat and slowly whisk in the chicken broth and milk.
4. Return heat to gentle boil, whisking constantly, until soup thickens.
5. Add salt and pepper.
ENJOY DAN: SING SONGS & PLANT SEEDS!!n